I know it’s already 12 days into October so (per usual) I am kind of late to the game here, but I have been seeing more and more of these Autumn Bucket List posts popping up all over Bloglovin’ lately.
Speaking of– if you have a Bloglovin’ account, why are you not following me already? How lame are you? Just kidding, I love you. I just want to bake a cake made of rainbows and unicorns so we can all eat it and be happy and be best blogger friends.
As the season is finally in full swing, and the weather is finally colder in my little part of Ohio, my Fall spirit has been through the roof. So much so that mine and Cathy’s new favorite fighting topic is the fireplace. I love having it on full blast, adding to the ambiance of the room, but she hates the heat. I sense a long (and sweaty) winter ahead of us.
Now that my love for autumn finally fits with the weather, and I’ve been feeling inspired the past few days (if you couldn’t tell by yesterday’s knitting tutorial post), so I thought I’d share the Autumn Bucket List activities that have been marinating in my brain lately, snuggled right in there along with the fantasies of flavored coffee, piles of leaves, and new nail polish colors.
1. Start wearing lipsticks. For as long as I can remember, I’ve had a very neutral style when it comes to make-up. As I’ve been getting more and more into beauty channels on Youtube, and beauty bloggers, I’ve become inspired. Some super bold reds and deep plum lipsticks have me feeing very Autumn-esque, so I think I want to take a stab at them this season! And with people like VivannaDoesMakeup talking lips 24/7, how can I not want to get involved in the game?
Plus, people just look like they have their lives sooooo together when they wear lipstick. Like inside their boots, their socks actually match, and they didn’t sniff their shirt to make sure it was clean before they got dressed. I want to look like that too.
2. Carve a pumpkin. It’s been years. But honestly, I’ve always thought of pumpkin carving as kind of gratuitous because like… literally, you’re plucking a squash from the earth, killing it, and hacking out it’s insides for the sake of fun and home decor. Basically ruining something that could nourish somebody’s starving body for the sake of entertainment. Does that not sound morbid to anyone else?!
— Anyway. For some reason I’m just really in the mood to carve one this year.
3. Start running again. Running in the summer was brutal– Midwest heat + humidity around here made me feel like I was practically swimming in the air sometimes, but I loved seeing the world wake up early in the morning when I ran in the park near my house. I can only imagine how gorgeous it is now that the colors are changing. And how much better my butt will look in my leggings if I start moving again.
4. Eat a caramel apple. They keep tempting me at the grocery store, so I think I’ll have to stop by the apple orchard by my Dad’s house and pick up a real one soon! Or I’ll just stop at Kroger and pick up container of Oreos. Whatever is easiest.
5. Go to a football game. This may prove tricky as I work every weekend, but I want to at least try. Maybe. Or I may just want to dress up in the cute outfit and drink a beer outside on a Saturday morning. Or a mimosa. Or a Bloody Mary. Or we can just forget the game and I’ll just drink Bloody Mary by myself in my bed on a Saturday morning while watching the updates on the ESPN iPhone app. FOOOOOTBALLL!
6. Use the crockpot! I love thick stews (that’s what she said?!), and hearty soups. I made this really great beef stew recipe while I was at school, but have yet to break it out since moving home. And there is no better smell than a simmering crock pot all day.
7. Bake. I’ve been craving muffins lately– I’m thinking revamping a banana muffin recipe is in the works. I’ve had an idea to switch around some ingredients to make it a little healthier, which could be really fun to experiment. And I’m actually being sincere with this one. Stay tuned.
8. Catch up on Sons of Anarchy. I am a season (or two… or three?!) behind, and the final season is airing now. One of my co-board members in the CSAC watches it, and is begging me to get caught up so we can talk. I’m mostly afraid of everyone I love dying, so I think that’s why I’ve been hesitant. But Jax is also hot, so maybe I’ll catch up on SOA while drinking that aforementioned Bloody Mary.
9. Revamp my wardrobe. I don’t know if this is as much an “Autumn” goal as it is so much a continuous life goal for myself. But now that I have a little bit of money to spend, I am trying really hard to fill my closet with well-made pieces that will help me
not feel like a troll doll make some good outfits. Also, I’m trying to steer clear of the typical places with cheap clothes that will fall apart by the next season, and focus on good, long-lasting clothes. Which will be expensive as sh*t, but will make me feel pretty, so it’s totally worth it.
10. Enjoy the season! I know I gripe about working 24/7, but that’s because sometimes it honestly does feel like all I ever do is go back and forth between the restaurant and the gym, with weekly appearances at sports for the CSAC. Autumn is my favorite season, and as much as I love my workaholic tendencies, I do want to make sure I take time to enjoy these months. And see my friends, and eat good food and actually appreciate the fact that the leaves are changing. But mostly I want to enjoy the prime coffee drinking and pretty-leaf snap-chatting time while I still can.